Alternatives to Speedball Emulsion Remover...

To help you get started...
Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

mac3687
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Alternatives to Speedball Emulsion Remover...

Post by mac3687 »

While Speedballs own emulsion remover works great for removing their green diazo emulsion, is there something else I could use instead? It's a pain to use because I can only find it in 8oz containers, and I have to order it online. I thought it smelled just like chlorine for pools, so I bought some of that at the pool store but it didn't work. Mineral spirits as well as paint thinner and acetone also did not, and even straight bleach wouldnt remove the emulsion.

If there are no alternatives, does anyone know where I can buy Speedballs remover in a larger quantity?

Thanks guys, I'm new at this and loving it so far. -Mike
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

naz dar
mel ray
tubelite
ask for emulsion remover and emulsion and get away from the speedball crap
andymac
Intern
Intern

Post by andymac »

we use a generic powder we get from our supplier, works great on any emulsion, and you mix it up with water in a spritzer as you need it. More powder =stronger.

spray on, spread with glove (do both sides)
wait a minute, blast with pressure washer - done.

if you are buying liquid, you paying for water.
For production tips & assorted ramblings read SHOP TALK monthly in Screenprinting magazine. Visit www.squeegeeville.com for screenprinting information and classes. Visit TMI Screenprinting Equipment Booth 1580 at SGIA 07.
X_Autotype_#1
Intern
Intern

Post by X_Autotype_#1 »

Sodium Metaperiodate is the active ingredient in all emulsion removers. It is available in powder which is the most stable and highest concentration. If you look hard enough, you can buy it in powder form and mix it into quarts or gallons as you need it (mixes with water).

Good Luck