Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

FadedSS
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen Re-meshing Question

Post by FadedSS »

I am getting to the point where I need to either re-mesh some of my screens or buy new one's. I currently use aluminum screens and generally use between 110-180 mesh count.

My question is, is it advantageous to keep buying new screens or to re-mesh the one's I currently have.

Also, please educate me on the re-meshing process. I know screen printing supply companies offer re-meshing services but is it possible to do it yourself? If so, what exactly is needed to take on this job? Screen tensioner, Glue, Mesh, ECT?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
yaleteamsandtees
Administrator
Administrator

Post by yaleteamsandtees »

Screen tensioner, Glue, Mesh, ECT?

Exactly. And a tension meter.

Any screen supplies shop should be able to set you up.

We've actually never had anyone else
do our meshing. We mostly buy empty frames and
make up what we need as we need them.
FadedSS
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by FadedSS »

Thanks for the info. Can you recommend an online store where I might get these supplies? I currently get my stuff from screen printing supplies.com...Secondly, realisticly how much should I be prepared to spend? Thaks for all of your help.
DTGPrinting
Intern
Intern

Post by DTGPrinting »

The price of aluminum screens is actually pretty low if you know where to find them. I purchased mine through a company out of New Jersey called equipment zone. Their prices are pretty low for the frames.

If you wanted to rescreen yours, you could buy a larger newman roller frame, tighten the mesh to 25 newtons or more and then place your frame under the newman roller frame and glue the mesh on that way. Once it's dry, cut it out. You will use a little more mesh this way, but the proper way is to have a screen stretcher and those are not cheap.
Jerid Hill
330-345-5877
http://www.screenerschoice.com
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Melray.com, tubelite, just to name two. Personally I find it less costly to purchase prestretched frames or send out frames to be restretched and I have stretched many many frames myself in the past. If you are not a volume purchaser of screen mesh it can be very expensive. Companies that stretch frames all day as a business have more buying power and can stretch your frames at much less cost. Melray does a good job of that at a very reasonable price. By the time you buy the tools and mesh to do it yourself you can find yourself spending a good little stack of $$$. The time you spend stretching frames can be spent printing and making money rather than spending it. Every minute of the day you are not putting ink on product you are losing $$$.
FadedSS
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by FadedSS »

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it. I will plan on buying more pre-meshed screens and then send-out when needed...