Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

veedub3
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screenprinting on Hats

Post by veedub3 »

Hello all,
I am a newbie and I had a question regading screen printing on hats and visors. I am just getting into screenprintng the merchandise myself as previously I outsourced this side of my business. The company that I am looking at purchasing the equipment does not have a cap attachment for screenprinting and tried to discourage me from screenrinting on hats but to use iron-on's instead. I happen to not like iron-on's and all of my caps were previously embroidered. I wanted to see how everyone else is printing on hats and is this a good idea to screenprint or would iron-on's be better.

Veedub3
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

well.... here is were I stand on that.

Hats only make up about 5% of the requests in my shop.

Most of the time I tell the customers that screen printing on hats generally is low budget.
I recommend embroidery on hats or vinyl transfers. Less mess, more money, better quality.

If you have a vinyl cutter in your shop cutting your own transfers is easy. Or you could use Stahls' or one of the other cutting services

Like I said thats my opinion.
I dont want to offend the rare breed of expert hat printers out there.... BELIEVE ME THEY ARE OUT THERE!

Where is your business located?
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
veedub3
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by veedub3 »

I am in Georgia. In the past all of my hats have been embroidered. (visors actually) I make shirts for events and I sell just as many visors with the matching shirts. (I guess it is a unique market - corporate events) I have seen some hats that have the iron-on's and they look really cheesy. I have seen some really cool screen printed hats and thought that it would be a great alternative.

Thanks for you feedback