Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

repda916
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Some easy Q's

Post by repda916 »

I was looking at the pics for this screen press

You can build it with some wood (melamine) some steel, a welder, thread tap ( If you watch the video you can see how they mount the screen to the press, they tap the screen "wood" and use a screw thing to mount it acting as a clamp) some nut's and bolts (as the registers), a spring, some wheels (used for screen doors), some wheel guides. Etc Etc

Has anyone made there own press? Also Is it possible to make your own Flash dryer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some Q on Emulsion and what not
What is the best emulsion were you dont have to mix it? I found Franklin DZ343 Emulsion to have some good reviews.

Whats the best brand for Plastisol ink?

Whats a good website to buy inks and what not..
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

People have made their own equipment.
But the quality of work could suffer. And if you calculate what your time is worth and the materials needed to make the equipment.... you will find that its easier and cheaper to buy or lease some QUALITY Equipment.

Just my take on the do-it-yourself idea
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
corradomatt
Intern
Intern

Post by corradomatt »

Yea....made-at-home equipment will not allow you to produce quality prints. You can get some cheap equipment out there but even with that, you could run the risk of getting something that sucks.

I had a cheap press once, I got it off ebay, and that thing sucked! It was a 4 color press but you couldn't adjust the heads, so it made it almost impossible to print a 4 color job! Plus, all the head where crooked!?!

I went out the next week and got a nice press, and man was that the best move! It cost about $3000 bucks but it was way worth it. I had micro adjustments and the screens were level in the head! If your even remotly serious about printing, I would invest a little capital into a nice press.

Oh, and a good way to pick up a nice press at a great price is to go to an ISS show. There are always deals at those shows!
Screen Printing Supplies - Equipment, Ink, Emulsion and more!
Jeremy
Intern
Intern

Post by Jeremy »

I started with a homemade 1-color press built with jiffy clamps and wood. It worked fine...for single colors. I eventually just bought a press when I moved on to multiple colors.

I'd say if you are proficient in welding, etc. then go for it, but otherwise you should probably just purchase something manufactured for the trade. Time is money.