Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

whitevans1
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Few questions..

Post by whitevans1 »

I was wondering a few things first whats the best ink for the price? also whats the best ink for on a black shirt? And whats the best website/cheapest to purchase ink at?

also.. i have a few things i need i only have my printer its a 4 color table top printer and i haven't got any of the other material i was wondering where i should get them from and products you guys could recommend to me since i haven't had to much experience (working for a screen printing company for 4 months) so yeah if you can make any recommendations on products that would be great plus im kinda on a small budget looking for only 200 bucks to get started with chemicals, frames, ink , squeegee, ect...

thanks for the help.
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ROADSIDE »

lol,
Not to laugh but thats a funny post.
www.Nazdar.com will have everything you need but its not cheap at all.

Alot of the people that are visiting this site are people trying to get into the market. Do some searching for topics and you might find some good answers

$200 is not a large buget to get started.
A screen can run anywhere from $20 on up.
Chemicals and Inks are EXPENSIVE.
International Coatings makes a nice white ink.... but I dont know the small amount cost (quart or gallon). I buy it in 5 gallon buckets and its like $300+

do you have a dryer or heat press?
they are going to kill your budget.
I suggest you get a buget of like $2500 and you can get some motion in the manual sector.

I think our initial investment when we started was about $122,000.00 (not including our building)

Good Luck
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
yaleteamsandtees
Administrator
Administrator

Post by yaleteamsandtees »

In the long run, ink is one of
the least expensive supplies we have.

Sure you may lay out a fair bit in
the beginning but with most colors
a little goes along way. And we do a TON
of athletic printing.

You couldn't even set up a normal household
kitchen for $200 and the major appliances
already come with the house!
corradomatt
Intern
Intern

Post by corradomatt »

When it comes to ink, the big thing right now is water-based. It gives you the best, softest feel around. Water-based ink is usually alot cheaper than Plastisol. In some cases, it can be almost half the price! There are a few good brands out there these days as technology has improved greatly.

You can even use water-based inks on darks and achieve that softhand feel. But you need to use a water-based discharge system. The discharge system basically bleaches the color from the garment, allowing the inks to dye the garment to the desired color. Using discharge is easy but requires a high air-flow dryer with good ventilation. You also need to make sure that your shirts are "dischargable." All shirts are different. For example, Hanes Beefy-Ts are not dischargable, the dye just doesn't come out of em.

My company sells one of the top brands of water-based ink on the market made by a company called Matsui International. Check-out their website at http://www.matsui-color.com.

We are locating in Southern California, so depending on where you are, you might find someone local to you, so you don't have to worry about shipping costs. I'm sure Matsui has distributors somewhere close to you. Just check-out their website. If you want to chat about discharge printing or water-based ink, or anything else....give me a call at 800-741-3887. We're here to help. Check-out our website at http://www.westixonline.com
Screen Printing Supplies - Equipment, Ink, Emulsion and more!
whitevans1
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by whitevans1 »

haha yeah 200 bucks isn't much... but what i was going to do is i have a awesome design i made at work (screen print shop) and... i took it home and i was just going to print up a few copies of it... on shirts sell them online to get more money... for supplies... i should have around 400 dollars soon.. for stuff... and light table im going to make one... but for a flash dryer and such haha don't know what im going to do, at work they have like a heat gun i was thinking about getting one of those to dry my shirt i know it will be a very lengthy project... and take very long to complete orders (when i say orders i mean jobs here and there im not expecting to be a FULL operating business... im just going to do small side projects for people here and there..) but hey gotta start somewhere right?? also im only 17... and only work 15 hrs a week and make 80 bucks per week so... im very limited... on what i can do..

my design requires white ink only sooo... thats all i will need really to get started... and the designs BIG ahah it takes up a whole small shirt and ive been looking for sites that have screens that are around 25x35 and can't find any
hofmastaflash
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by hofmastaflash »

you can get an aluminum screen that size at silkscreeningsupplies.com. i bought most of my stuff there, and the people are very nice and helpful. a screen that size is going to set you back about fifty bucks, though. i don't really know any way around that. hopefully, that helps you out a little.