Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

moley
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Newbie Advice - Screen Printing CD Covers

Post by moley »

Hello Folks,

Absolute newbie here, hoping someone might be kind enough to offer some advice and direction.

I am looking at screen printing a four panel CD case made from recycled card. Thework in progress design is relatively simple being only black ink, without much high level detail. It was originally intended to be lino printed but we were strugling when it got to the text for the track listing hence the reason to look atscreen printing.

I am looking at options for exposure, as always budget is a keen concern!

Would a black light bulb such as the following, fitted into a standard lamp allow me to achieve a good result in my application?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QTX-160-026UK ... SwwE5WYGP7

Further to this initial question, is there a possibility or any advantage to drawing straight onto the transparancey rather than printing this from a computer?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated for my application.

Many, many, thanks in advance!
d fleming

Re: Newbie Advice - Screen Printing CD Covers

Post by d fleming »

You need unfiltered black light.
moley
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Newbie Advice - Screen Printing CD Covers

Post by moley »

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Am I correct in my understanding (from a lot of online reading) that blacklight bulbs "BL" type and Black Light Blue will both put out the same UV and be as effective in this application? It seems that the filtered black light blue types stop visible light whereas the unfiltered versions which appear to be used in fly killing traps allow visible light out as well as the UV