Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

kg4bia
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Frame size question

Post by kg4bia »

Hi All,

I'm new to screen printing and have a few questions. I have 2 10X14 screens and a press I built from the Screen Printers bible. The 10X14 screens don't cover the platen length. I have heard that for t-shirts I need screens that are larger. What is the standard screen size for t-shirt printing? Also, if I use larger screens, are the frames suppose to rest on the screen mesh or on the wood frames themselves? Thanks to all that can give me advice.

Mark
krosbones
Intern
Intern

Post by krosbones »

Screen size really only depends on the size of print you want to make. If you are only printing small logos or left chest designs, then your screen size is fine.
I do not understand your second question, by "frames" do you mean platens?
Your screens and mesh should not make contact with your garmet to be printed. A small amount of "off contact" needs to be achevied.

Hope this helps

Kros
asapscreenprint
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Frame size question

Post by asapscreenprint »

kg4bia wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to screen printing and have a few questions. I have 2 10X14 screens and a press I built from the Screen Printers bible. The 10X14 screens don't cover the platen length. I have heard that for t-shirts I need screens that are larger. What is the standard screen size for t-shirt printing? Also, if I use larger screens, are the frames suppose to rest on the screen mesh or on the wood frames themselves? Thanks to all that can give me advice.

Mark
20x24 is the standard size used in most manual presses..