Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

greensilky
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

new to silk screen question

Post by greensilky »

i work at a commercial offset printing company ,we are looking at doing coro signs 24x18 ,company purchased an american tempo 2230 press ,my first question is what is the smallest screen size(frame) that i can use 25x36 ,36 same direction as squeegee ,seems to small, as flood bar holder hits back screen holder bought 30x42 screen they seem to fit alot better,but cost more $. Can you turn the screens like 25x36 frame size 90 degrees so the 25 is same direction as squeegee thanx
d fleming

Re: new to silk screen question

Post by d fleming »

Just did a quick google on your machine. Looks like a pretty basic clamshell that is pneumatic. Nice press. I would get the largest frames that the machine holds. Typically frame size = deck size. That way you can use the machine to its full potential. Trying to get the smallest frame for the job is never a good idea. The more well area you can have the easier the print run will be. Melray is a good source for aluminum stretched frames. For coro I use nazdar corogloss inks, 230 mesh (yellow) and xylene or laquer thinner to clean up. Do you have a way to expose these size frames?