Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

dgprints
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Young one

Post by dgprints »

Hi everyone, new to this and first post. If someone could give me redirection of where this post would be ideal that would be good thanks! I tried one colour screen printing for the first time in my house, I dont have a press just screens. The results were a lot of messy uneven t-shirts. Now I want to keep trying and look into getting more/better equipment although after the print I cant seem to get my screens clean. I got my cleaning equipment and screens from screenstretch.co.uk (Iam not saying not a good company just giving the information of the equipment incase can help solve the problem) and here is a list of the cleaning equipment
1 x 1 Ltr Pregan NT9 (degreaser)
1 x 1 Ltr PREGASOL K-FL (stencil remover mixes up to 20 ltr)
1 x 1 Kg PREGAN PASTE (haze remover)

I only had a shower head as a hose so wasnt much pressure from that.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Akdink
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Young one

Post by Akdink »

if you are having troubles with emulsion. let it sit for a few seconds before trying to wash out. the emulsion should slowly kinda turn back into a liquid. dont let the screen dry, this will harden the emulsion almost making it imposdible to get out. if you are having troubles with ink buy press wash or use the haze remover although a little less effective and wipe with paper towels. degrease as a last step. for both degreaser and haze leave it on the screen for a few minutes before washing out. goodluck