Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mattjneve
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Texture / Decay Effect

Post by Mattjneve »

Hiya all,

I'm new to screen printing, and I really wanted to know an answer to a question I can't find on google (mainly as I don't quite know how to explain it... so bare with.)

When you make a screen print, obviously the amount of ink you apply can vary the print (which adds to it most unique and gorgeous charm) but does it also create decay/textured effects on your print?

I am a designer, and I want to get posters printed, however I was unsure if I had to add these texture decay effects in the illustration process, or it is just a natural effect that comes with printing. I am sorry if its a really stupid question, but I am very curious and always admired and loved screen printed art & design.

I have attached an image by the awesome Andy Smith to try and make my question easier to answer. Please can someone help me.

Thanks Matt
Attachments
Picture to help explain my question
Picture to help explain my question
Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 19.24.47.jpg (111.24 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
Mod-Zel
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Texture / Decay Effect

Post by Mod-Zel »

They are added in Photoshop or whatever graphic software you are using to create your films.
There are allot of tutorials on it if you search a bit.
http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tutor ... p-effects/
and there are sets of canned but excellent filters also.

http://www.misterretro.com/filters/mach ... sh-effects
Mattjneve
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Texture / Decay Effect

Post by Mattjneve »

Thanks dude, I thought so, but I wasn't 100% sure. I didn't want to not put any in, or put them in and for it to have extra from the print lol.