Teen looking to start screen printing business.

To help you get started...
Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

voldings
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Teen looking to start screen printing business.

Post by voldings »

This is probably a usual post, but I'd like some advice on starting my own screen printing business. My parents recently purchased a car for me and ever since have been pushing me to get a job. Living in a somewhat small town, their isn't many options when looking for a job. I have always been interested in graphics design and have done a lot of it in the past.

I can think of numerous events that I could do in my town, such as festivals, fundraisers, school clubs, ect. My mom works at a school and they hold all sorts of events during the year that they purchase t-shirts for. She could easily get me jump started.

The only thing I am concerned about is equipment. What is the cheapest way to get started, and, how much should I invest? I have about $300 stored away in my room right now, and I have a lot in the bank. I also need to know exactly what types of equipment is best for these types of tshirts, and what would be the cheapest route?

Edit: I also forgot to mention my computer broke a few months ago, watch would be the best computer for this type of work?

I know this is a typical question, but I would appreciate anyone who can guide me through and help me getting started.

Thanks,
Prentiss
InkMan
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Teen looking to start screen printing business.

Post by InkMan »

Check with Nazdar.com. They may have a starter kit.
pawprinter
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Teen looking to start screen printing business.

Post by pawprinter »

Good for you for thinking outside of the box. Being young and already saying why go get a job when I can be my own boss. I too just starting out so I don't have a lot of wisdom to share except I would go on youtube and start looking at how others are doing small businesses and see what kind of machinery they're using. you may want a single head 4 color press to start with but see how they're drying shirts, flashing shirts, etc... Good luck to you