Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

GunnyBoy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Just doesn't seem to work.

Post by GunnyBoy »

I'm having some trouble with setting up this screen printing kit. This is the kit I'm using. The problem is the photo emulsion is coming off after exposing the screen. I mixed the sensitizer and emulsion like the instruction says to do first but I think I might have put a little more water than I was suppose to. It seemed a bit more blue-ish green than the video tutorial and a little more watery. I mixed it as much as I could but it didn't change anymore at one point.

I used the emulsion on the screen and let it dry over night, everything seemed to be okay at this point. I then used a 150 watt light for 45 minutes 1 foot above the 10 x 14 screen to expose the positive design with two transparent papers overlapping each other perfectly. After the 45 minutes I washed the screen with a shower head and warm water and the design was coming out but so was the rest of the emulsion. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

I don't know if the pressure was too much for the screen, the emulsion isn't good enough, or it was under exposed even though I followed what the instructions said.

Any help is appreciated.
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Just doesn't seem to work.

Post by tompaine »

I'd start with under exposure, you don't kknow what wattage the light is producing in the uv. Are you covering the screen with glass - it could be uv protected and blocking your light.
Do an exposure test : http://www.positivityltd.co.uk/Tutorial ... ation.html