Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

mjrmin
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Yudu Problems - help, please

Post by mjrmin »

Hi Everyone! This is my first time here. I bought a Yudu machine intending to make Christmas t-shirts for my grandchildren. It looked easy in the commercial and I am sorry to admit I did not google enough on screenprinting. I cannot seem to get started!

I already ruined both capillary films and had to get more at Michaels. I spray water on the screen and roll the film onto it. I cannot really tell which side is shinier b/c I have to turn off the kitchen lights (per instructions) so I don't know if I am doing it the wrong way. Anyway, it sticks to the screen, I use the squeeqee and it seems okay but when I try to expose it, then it becomes thick and brittle. I try to pull the top layer off but it won't come off no matter how long I leave it exposed. It is just a thick solid hard layer. Also, the screen now seems to have a whitish streak imprinted on it that I guess I will have to clear/reclaim the screen.

I have seen a lot of the videos on youtube but can't seem to find one for this problem. It all looks so easy in the video but it doesn't seem to be easy when I do it. Thank you in advance!
geneh
Intern
Intern

Re: Yudu Problems - help, please

Post by geneh »

Capillary films have a carrier sheet on them this is the side that is not put to the mesh. But the carrier sheet has to be removed before exposing your image in your screen not after exposure. It sounds like to me you are applying your film correctly you are just not removing the carrier sheet before exposing your image. If you put the film on your screen with the carrier sheet to the mesh and not the emulsion (film) it would not stick to the mesh.
Hope This Helps Keep Us Posted