alternative to flash dryer or conveyor dryer.

To help you get started...
Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

chrism
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

alternative to flash dryer or conveyor dryer.

Post by chrism »

I am trying to start up a small operation to print for myself and friends and don't have a lot of money to buy pro equipment. I have found all kinds of plans for do it yourself screen printer presses but have found very little in the way of flash dryers and conveyor dryers.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with curing their ink with heat lamps or some sort of halogen bulb. I work in an electrical supply warehouse and have access to these types of equipment and more importantly they are cheap.

I really want to move to the pro inks and get away from speedball inks due to the fact I can only usually print 4 or 5 shirts before the ink starts drying on the screen and I have to wash it out and let it dry. adding time that I don't have. Any feedback would be helpful.
d fleming

Re: alternative to flash dryer or conveyor dryer.

Post by d fleming »

Sorry but anything less than a proper flash and conveyor using plastisol inks is just a recipe for failure. Just the way it is. You will find some peopleIm sure that will tell you they can use a heat gun but that just doesn't get it if you want to be efficient and not have ink failures at some point. You should be able to find some good used equip if you look hard and long enough.