Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sandbox Surf Co.
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

S.O.S.!!! Save our SCREENS!!!

Post by Sandbox Surf Co. »

so We have been printing on 110 and 120 screens using emulsion sheets, but I decided to try using a scoop coater and diazo emulsion, problem is, after coating my newest screen, a 280 mesh, Tiny bits of the emulsion wont come off the screen!!! I am using a concentrated mix of emulsion remover and most of the emulsion came right off, but there is still some there that won't come out no matter what!!! I used the remover, I scrubbed it with a sponge, I even put the concentrate directly on the screen without watering it down but nothing works!

Someone please help, cuz this screen was like 18 bucks since it's aluminum and VERY well made! I'd like to use it again for my really detailed projects.
d fleming

Re: S.O.S.!!! Save our SCREENS!!!

Post by d fleming »

Are you washing it out with sufficient water pressure, say a small power washer from hd or similar?
geneh
Intern
Intern

Re: S.O.S.!!! Save our SCREENS!!!

Post by geneh »

As d fleming said use a pressure washer. Also just air dry your dizao emulsion at room temp. Heat will cause the diazo to start to kick over not only will it make it hard to wash out your image but also to reclaim your screen leaving little spots of emusion stuck in your screen. Also strain your emulsion using a fairly fine mesh like a 305 or finer. This is a little tip I got from Dave at KIwo. Good diazo emulsions are filtered when they are made but the cheeper ones are not thats why there cheap. Emulsions are made of solids that are not always disolved well in there binder thus causeing clumps. And when you add the diazo powder mixed with water this can cause clumping as well. So mix very well and strain do not use heat to hurry the drying process of your coated screens. Good Luck