Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

RookieTom
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Forced to learn screenprinting

Post by RookieTom »

So 4 years ago the boss bought a $20,000 embroidery machine and made me learn how to use it. Alone. No training. I managed to build a successful embroidery business. Now he wants to get into screenprinting. I am expecting the same thing. "here you go Tom, a shiny new screenprinting machine, now just learn how to use it". Before I get into the basics of screenprinting, I need to design the screenprinting room for a new building we are having built. Are there any special electrical requirements for a screenprinting machine? I am assuming we will start small, 4-6 colors approx. What about plumbing? Will I need a big wash-tub style sink? And what if any by-products of the process are hazardous and require special disposal? I thank you in advance for your help and stay tuned for lots more stupid questions from me.

Tom
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Forced to learn screenprinting

Post by tompaine »

Your equipment manufacturer will know about the energy requirements, probably three phase.
You will need a way of producing positives, probably a big inkjet depending on your size needs.
You will need some way of exposing the screen, plus a dark/dull room for coating and drying.
You will need a washout booth, spray/shower head with drainage. The waste isn't dangerous but your local authority may have restrictions.
The ink may be special waste as might the chemicals for reclaiming and treating the screens.
Enjoy!
geneh
Intern
Intern

Re: Forced to learn screenprinting

Post by geneh »

Just a thought screen print and dark room enviorment control. Such as AC and humidity control.