Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

carpedalien
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen Printing Start Up

Post by carpedalien »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and screen printing equipment in general. I apologize in advance if I am repeating this topic but hope to get some advice regardless. As a side note in the future I look forward to being a contributing member of this forum.

So I'm looking to get the basics. 4 color 1-2 station press, Flash Dryer, Exposure unit, some screens, ink chemicals ect.... There is so much out there and some of it looks really cheap (not good). I'm not sure where to start. Does any one have any suggestions on start up packages or have had good experiences in the various individual peaces they started off with?

I have been looking into the Printa system. I know it's over priced but with all this confusion it seems like the easiest way to go, I just don't want to do myself in before I even start.

My ultimate goal here is to finish up the financial portion of my business plan so that I can get some funding and get my company started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian Cattelle
michealtorn
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Screen Printing Start Up

Post by michealtorn »

Hi Brian
Same new member like you here too. Do you have any experience in screen printing? if not i will recommend you to spend 3-4 weeks in your local screen printing company as a volunteer and try to ask them and get practical experience from there first before entering into this Game.
Closet Collection
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Screen Printing Start Up

Post by Closet Collection »

First of all, Make sure your screenprinting press contains micro-registration! There is alot of presses being sold that dont contain that, and it could cause you a big headache if you purchase a brand new machine without it(Happened to me). You should check out Raynar, a manafacturer of screen-printing equipment out here in Los angeles. Next I recommend a 18x18 flashdryer. I say 18x18 as I used to have a 16x16 flash dryer but wasnt able to cure my bigger designs evenly which caused me a problem. There is so much to learn about screen printing, that The best way to actually gain knowledge of it is to actually print and learn from experience!

If you have any more questions, feel free to check out my website closetcollection.com and you can contact me from there, as i Probably wont be back to this forum to hear your response.