Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

foxandsilver
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Conveyor Dryer vs. Flash Dryer

Post by foxandsilver »

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to screen printing. I've been a graphic artist for several years and have recently been acquiring printing equipment to expand my business. My question is...can I get away with curing/drying my shirts with a forced air flash? Or should I spring for a conveyor dryer? I am not a high volume shop, and am looking to conserve space in my garage. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks.
d fleming

Re: Conveyor Dryer vs. Flash Dryer

Post by d fleming »

You need a flash and a conveyor
foxandsilver
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by foxandsilver »

You're not very helpful.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Pay attention. You need a flash AND a conveyor. The flash is strictly made to semi cure ink while garment is on the press so you can print multiple colors without smearing the print and making a mess. It is not made for or inteded to be your full cure solution. The conveyor is to FULLY cure your printed garment after it comes off the press. You need both to do a proper job on multiple colors, especially on dark garments. Not every job will require a flash, but it will require the conveyor. Is that more helpful?
xIIscrapsIIx
Intern
Intern

Post by xIIscrapsIIx »

Since he is just working out of his garage. Couldn't he just flash the shirt, then finish curing it in his home dryer? Would he still get good to decent results?
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Most likely not, you can just use a flash to cure but it is not exactly reliable 100%. Wouldn't be very good for the drier either I would imagine. If I had to get one or the other and couldn't do both to start, I would start with the conveyor and get a flash asap.
Closet Collection
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Closet Collection »

I disagree! I have been printing out of my garage with only a flash dryer for over 6 months now, and it works perfectly fine. Of course, the process is slower, but if your on a budget the Flash dryer will do. Feel free to contact me on my page closetcollectio.com if you have any questions!
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

30 years here. Do it however you like, doesn't affect my $$ at all.