Moderator: Moderator Team

TheSniper
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

looking for local help?

Post by TheSniper »

All,
Hello im new here.
I am endeavoring to complete a project that will require some screen printing. And I know not even the first thing.
But like most other things in my life. Im quick to learn and enjoy the entire process.
Is there any one here in the Tampa bay area? I would love to meet up and in hopes of getting some hands on Screen printing
experience..

Prelim Info: I thought I could get away with a vinyl tranfer on the acrylic but after having it done 4 times professionally
an still getting less than desirable results I have decided that the only real way to get an acceptable finish will require screen print process.
Here is a link to some of the parts that have vinyl applied the pics look good but upon close inspection there are millions of bubbles. and it just looks bad.
Below a pic of the white one.

My project:
Printing surface : Acrylic. 3/16 clear 20x20 inches. (printed on the back side so the surface will remain protected)
Reverse printing the alphabet on it. ie the letters will be clear and the rest of the surface will get covered.
the letters take up about 20% of the entire surface.
I need to build 3 of these 1 white and 2 black
The coating Black and white need to be as as possible Opaque

Can anyone recommend the ideal chems to use I have been reading up as much as I can take in. and like other areas there is an infinate selection of chems and materials to choose from.

I was going to give Nazdar a call and see if they could suggest the proper chems etc...
Thanks all and I hope to do a write up when done.

-TheSniper
TheSniper
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: looking for local help?

Post by TheSniper »

Forgot to mention:
I have art work. And am fully capable of building a frame and mounting the screen.
I would like some help in selecting the best
1: Screen to order finer vs corse pros cons.
2: emulsion for the screen (I think this is relative to the kind of ink/paint passing thru it)
3: The best paint/ink for clear acrylic plastic in white and black
3a: Must have great opaque characteristics
4: the idea squeege?
5: Im sure to have missed many things here but its a start ! :)
-TheSniper