Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mattd
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Help?

Post by Mattd »

Hi,
A few weeks go, I found my airbrush ink can be used on textiles, made a few stencils, did a few designs, and all was well.
I then remembered screen printing in school, and so purchased a screen, and the associated equipment, including Speedball ink.
I looked into photo emulsions etc, but initially thought against it, and am still making stencils out of 'Fablon' type material, which I am placing directly on the shirt. I am still very early on in, but am constantly coming up with new designs, (also my nine year old and I have a company name and logo on each shirt!!!)
Here comes the help part.
I currently hate my job. I have no idea why I am here.
I have been looking into making the shirts to sell. I have had a couple of people ask if they could have one. Also I have worn them out to places, to test if people say "Why are you wearing a shirt you have clearly made yourself??", and I have only had positive comments.
I have looked on line, mainly ebay, and found some machinery, mainly 4-6 colour presses etc for about a grand, would look into plastisol, and also photo emulsion, light boxes, heaters etc, but I need to know if I am going down the right line, or am I way, way off?
I think it helps that I am naturally quite arty, actually having real qualifications in graphic design!! from back in the day.
I also think it helps a bit that I am into skating, surfing which seems very fashionable at the mo.
If anyone can help, I would be very grateful. :?:
anthemscreenprinting
Intern
Intern

Re: Help?

Post by anthemscreenprinting »

I don't understand your question at all. If you want to start printing t-shirts, yes, you should be looking into presses, dryers, exposure units, all that. Plastisol ink is good because it doesn't dry in your screen, but is considered less "eco-friendly" than water based ink.
Anthem Screen Printing
  • Screen Printing Supplies
  • Screen Burning Services