Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

atomicbop
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen Printing Supplies

Post by atomicbop »

To start off: I have no clue about screen printing! I'm here because my girlfriend is a mixed media artist and wants to get into screen printing. I'd like to get her set up for christmas. She wanted the Yudu package, but I would rather do things the right way and it seems like that Yudu stuff isn't necessarily geared towards artists.

My question is: What do I need?

I was looking at some kits at silkscreeningsupplies.com. I don't want to go nuts since she will just be experimenting at the moment, but I also don't want her to be stuck if she wants to expand. Plus, of course, money is tight!

Anyway, if I get her this press: http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/pr ... HOBBYPRESS and this kit: http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/1003, will that be good? I'm sure she has her own inks to use as this apartment is filled with tons of supplies. I'm more worried about specific equipment she will need.

Also, I see screens that are pre-coated. Is it worth it to get these, or do people generally coat themselves? I want her to have to most control she can out of this, but make it as easy as possible at the same time. She wanted the Yudu because he hates cleaning screens and I guess they have some easy clean up stuff. If I'm sacrificing that, then maybe there is an option to make some other part of the process a bit easier?

Thanks for your help in advance. I'm glad I found this forum.
zea97sk8ter
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Screen Printing Supplies

Post by zea97sk8ter »

dude, get her that kit. it is a very good price. get her a little ink as well, cause its best to use the t-shirt printing kind of ink. Get the ink that doesn't have to be superheated though. screen printings a great business to get into. You should learn with her
atomicbop
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Screen Printing Supplies

Post by atomicbop »

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to order that kit now. I'll definitely be learning with her. It seems really cool.