Semi Automatic Screen Pinter - How do i use this beast?

To help you get started...
Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarylSkiffleFace
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Semi Automatic Screen Pinter - How do i use this beast?

Post by DarylSkiffleFace »

I work for a printers in North Norfolk. The company has been going for over 30 years or so. We mainly do litho printing and large format printing.
Anyway we've decided to get into screen printing and found a Semi-Automatic screen printing machine on ebay at a bargain price!! We bought it......problem is there is no instructions. Also the company seems to be non existent!
We asked the seller for instructions, but he was selling it on behalf of someone else.....the person that used to use it died! So that's a lot of help.

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to use the beast or point me in direction of some site I could get instructions or similar instructions?

The Machine is a Semi Automatic Screen Printer made by a company called "Vibrosystem". The listing is still viewable here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
geneh
Intern
Intern

Re: Semi Automatic Screen Pinter - How do i use this beast?

Post by geneh »

OK what I can tell you is the controlls on the left are for your pnuematic adjustments for squeegee and flood bar these are air cylinder drove. I could not see enough of the actual controll panel's in the pictures at ebay. Can you get some close ups of the controll panel and post them. Maybe I can help you out then. Looks like they might have a simular operating system as an Atma at least the switches look the same. And if all else fails just hook it up and start pushing buttons. We recently got a used Atma 710G no instructions and thats what I did just started pushing buttons untill I figured out what each one did. Good Luck
DarylSkiffleFace
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Hi

See below for the pictures

http://yfrog.com/fvimagexlbj
http://yfrog.com/1nimageebwrj
http://yfrog.com/mximageyxyj

Hope the links work.

We have had a play, we can't seem to get anything to move. So we think we are either doing it wrong or something is broken?

Thanks
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Thaty's no spring chicken, it may need repairs if you have spent time with it and gotten no movement of any kind. If I were closer I'd be happy to drop by and give it a go for you, but I'm in Florida. If it doesn't work out and you still are interested in a press I have an awt in excellent shape that can print 2'x3'.
DarylSkiffleFace
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

yeah florida could be a bit of a treck to "drop in".
The thing is it cost next to nothing. So if it need repairs it's not going to matter too much. Unless it's something massive!
geneh
Intern
Intern

Post by geneh »

Looks like she has seen better days but that don't mean anything. Now I'm going to sound like one of those tech guys you call,but you have air hooked up to it correct. When you flip the main power switch does anything light up? If it does check all your safty bars and stops to make sure there is not one bound up. If you get no power when you flip the power switch check for a blown fuse or tripped breaker. I would check for this stuff before I called a service tech out. If all else fails sounds like d fleming has a nice awt for sale. Hope this helps
DarylSkiffleFace
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

I'm now going to sound like one of the them dumb people that don't know nothing about it.
Regarding the air, I'm guessing this should be hooked up to an external compressor? It wouldn't be inside the machine would it?
I'm guessing this could be the problem. Everything lights up like a Christmas tree and makes generic happy noises.

If it's not a problem with the air....i'm to have to call a fixer man!
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

It will have an interior vaccuum motor for print deck but will most likely require a seperate air compressor to run the pneumatics. A small 5 gal from hd or lowes should do the trick. Start around 12- 20 psi at the regulator and run with no squeegee or flood bar attached to see if it will cycle. I'd look inside the shell to be sure it doesn't have one mounted in there to be sure though considering the age, but it would be the first I've seen that doesn't require an external compressor.
geneh
Intern
Intern

Post by geneh »

It looks like to me from the original picture on Ebay there is a air connection on the frontof the press between the 2 control panels. It is sticking out and has a shut off valve on it. So with that you will need an outside compressed air supply Like d said a small tank will work. Hope this helps.
DarylSkiffleFace
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

thanks for all the help guys!

Try and get this sucker running by next week, fingers crossed.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Good luck!
ScotJ
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by ScotJ »

Hey Dflemming,

I'm looking for a 2x3 unit, but I can't PM you. Can you send me details?