Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

GraphicElegance
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Newbe - Separating Colors

Post by GraphicElegance »

Hello all!

What program is better for separating colors? I have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS5.

I'm working with vector graphics (contain many groups and layers) from Digital Artwork Solutions. Currently, I manipulate the graphics in Illustrator but I can't figure out how to color separate in Illustrator. So far it seems to be a major pain in the butt with a lot of steps. Before Iv always done color separating in photoshop and it was very simple.

I guess my question is... Is there an easy way to Color Separate in Illustrator or am I better off switching back and forth between programs? I would prefer to do the whole process in one program and not switch back and forth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Ginger
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Newbe - Separating Colors

Post by tompaine »

At the top of the printer list you will find Adobe's postscript printer. That will allow you to choose Separations in the Output dialogue box.
GraphicElegance
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by GraphicElegance »

Thank you so much for that tip! It was awesome.

Another question though...

I have a four color image. Dark pink, light pink, black & grey. The grey is not being separated out in the pdf. And it's making the light pink...grey. Is there a way to change this?
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

The grey could be done as a tint of black, if you want a separate plate, define it as a spot colour on the pantone coated swatch.