Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

over the line
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Trouble in Printing Paradise

Post by over the line »

Hello all!
I am a NEWBIE or more like WANNABE home screen printer & I have used the much dreaded trial & error method to get the photosensitive emulsion going, but after that hurdle, I have found a new and frustrating problem. My screen was PERFECT and looked GREAT when I loaded the screen, but the letters in my print were not complete (as it seems I didn't wash all the emulsion out) You can hardly see the imperfections on the screen but they are there & I hate them! Is there a way I can effectively remove the "left over" emulsion in the small areas without scrapping my screen?

Please HELP ME! I have to print 5 shirts for my ladies running team for October 4th!

xoxo
O.T.L.
NateB
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Trouble in Printing Paradise

Post by NateB »

Clean your screen with whatever you use for screen wash and take another look at it. If it looks like the image is clear on the image area (or maybe it looks like it couldn't wash up right in the problem areas), try buffing it out with a damp rag. You might have some clear emulsion residue in the mesh due to incomplete washout.

Get ready to burn another screen anyway. You have time.

When washing it out make sure you rinse both sides of the mesh, shirts side first, ink side next until the suds are gone or minimal. If the emulsion on the ink side of the mesh feels slimey it's either underexposed or it needs to be rinsed off more. Blot out with an old shirt or a rag to make sure any residue is gone.
over the line
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by over the line »

Thanks. I was hoping to not have to scrap the whole screen by washing the whole image out. Is there a way to remove the small clogged areas? I would really rather NOT wash out the whole screen.
doganonymous
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by doganonymous »

you might be able to solve the problem this time around, but in the future, pay close attention to exposing your screen. It seems like it was underexposed this time around. Up exposure time and you should be able to perfect the technique. Also, maybe you can put a picture up for us to help you out. Good luck.

alex
www.screenprintingdog.info