Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

bustthewave
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

problem with emulsion

Post by bustthewave »

Hey guys, so I'm having problems with burning the screen, and making it. Here are the issues -

I get the image almost perect at 9 minutes, I have a hallogen light 2 feet above the image. But what happens is, a lot of it around the image starts peeling off. I'm assuming that I need to start burning it at a shorter time (which requires the making of more screens, all part of the learning process I suppose) but I'm also wondering if maybe I'm not letting the emulsion dry all the way when I apply it.

So how can I tell?

Also the image I burned earlier, I went ahead and applied paint over white paper just to see how well it burned. It did really good, just not quite there (this one burned at 12 minutes). When I went to was off the paint... that paint refuses to come off even with pressure. It's stuck to my hands as we speak. Also while getting it off, it took off most of the emulsion (I used some bleach to aid this), could that be due to any of the other factors, that being emulsion might not be all the way dry, and burning time might be too long?

Thanks for the help guys :).
d fleming

Re: problem with emulsion

Post by d fleming »

Most likely wrong light source.
Samples of acceptable light sources:
Carbon Arc
Mercury vapor
Metal Halide
Pulsed Xenon
Mercury Vapor
Flourescent Tubes

When you buy emulsion it should either come with a basic exposure table or have one available on line like this sor instance from Ulano for their rlx emulsion
http://www.ulano.com/TechData/RLX.tds.pdf