Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Amber Elise
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Need Help with Paper type, quality, weight

Post by Amber Elise »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on choosing my paper type. I am using Daler-Rowney System 3 Acrylic Inks. So far I've been practising and printing on low quality paper as I'm still learning, however I want to try and sell my prints and am looking for a paper type that is of a higher quality. The paper I've been using is a bit light (sorry I don't know the exact type/weight) and sometimes sticks to the screen when pulling it back up after printing which obviously effects the end result. I know I need a heavier paper and was hoping you could give me a good starting point and potential suppliers?

Thanks,

Amber
d fleming

Re: Need Help with Paper type, quality, weight

Post by d fleming »

After you find your paper it sounds like you need to build or buy a vacuum table. Try Mac Papers.
anthemscreenprinting
Intern
Intern

Re: Need Help with Paper type, quality, weight

Post by anthemscreenprinting »

You should check out http://www.frenchpaper.com.. they have really great paper and at pretty reasonable prices. We use them for all of our poster printing jobs. To get the paper to stick to the table without lifting with the screen you can try spraying a tiny bit of spray adhesive where you're laying the paper. This will help it stay in place.
Anthem Screen Printing
  • Screen Printing Supplies
  • Screen Burning Services