Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mr. Spliff009
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Print Sticks Together After Coming Off The Dryer

Post by Mr. Spliff009 »

If anything the dryer is too hot right? Belt speed too slow? The equipment is plenty hot. So i don't know what else it could be.
DFC Screen Printing
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Print Sticks Together After Coming Off The Dryer

Post by DFC Screen Printing »

I have had this happen to me before. I have usually encountered it with Opaque inks...whites etc. usually b/c these are thicker and layered prints. It can be tricky b/c you need them to cure all the way through, especially since tend to be thicker applications of ink. However, they definitely get tacky when they are coming out of the dryer. When printing in these situations we always have a catcher to take the shirts off the drying belt and lay them out flat before they are able to fold over on themselves and have ink on ink contact. Once they cool a little bit they should be fine. Unless you have the possibility of adding on extra belt length, I'd say this is probably your best solution.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

First get some temp strips so you can be sure you are curing properly. Next you might want to put a cheap box fan blowing on belt from above, the ultimate cure is someone catching as previously stated.
Mr. Spliff009
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Mr. Spliff009 »

thanks alot guys
SidelineKiller
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by SidelineKiller »

a fan would fix it for sure. I had that problem and it took me 2 months until i figured it out. I would have to grab the grament after it came out the dryer. But after i put the fan i didnt have to worry about it at all