questionful
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

I has questions regarding my project

Post by questionful »

Hello. I made a screen.

I've tested it successfully.

ImageImage

I have found a bunch (~30) of people that want to buy a shirt with the print on it. I want to get them what they want. But I am ignorant and I need help! Please help me with your knowledge.

Here are some of the problems I need help with.
The customers are probably going to be playing paintball in these shirts because the print is a paintball company's logo, and the shirts are being sold on a paintball forum. This means that the shirt fabric needs to be durable and the print needs to withstand lots of washing. I don't know anything about either fabrics or printing inks. I have Versatex ink, an iron & ironing board, and an oven. I could conceivably buy a differnt ink, or an ink "fixative", but I don't know what I should do to get a durable print. Also, what kind of shirt should I buy? I want to get the most durable shirt I can, but I don't know anything about the durability of fabrics.

So basically, my questions are:
What kind of shirt do I buy?
What do I do to make a durable print?

Thanks.
JaTalada
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: I has questions regarding my project

Post by JaTalada »

Well, I am going by the assumption that you have permission to print this company logo. If not, then I would only do them for yourself. With that being said, Gildan is great... I love printing on them. I've never used Versatex but it seems like a good brand to start with. Make sure you achieve the brand's recommended cure temperature, and it should do you good. I'd say test it out by washing it a ton of times and see if it starts fading, cracking, or anything like that.

You've designed a nice little rig. Once you earn some money out of this, a one color, one station press would definitely speed you up and get you going.

JaTalada
questionful
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by questionful »

Thanks for the reply!
I do indeed have the company's permission. The thing is I don't have a professional dryer, and I don't think ironing is very precise, but I just printed another shirt, I'll iron this one and wash it often (I never do laundry so this should motivate me to finally wash all my clothes (no joke, haven't done laundry in over 1 month)). If it holds up good, I'll use the iron for the rest of them. Thanks again for the reply!
JaTalada
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by JaTalada »

I'm honestly not sure how well the iron would do for you. You mentioned the oven, I'd think that would be your better bet until you get a flash unit or dryer. the oven'll let you have alot more control of the temp.

Let us know how it turns out.

:D JaTalada :wink: