Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

kayla.henry
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Blowing out screens

Post by kayla.henry »

when i blow out my screen after burning my image, sometimes the part of the emulsion that was exposed peels off. i thought i was underexposing it, but the film was sticking to the screen when i removed it from the light table. what am i doing wrong?
d fleming

Re: Blowing out screens

Post by d fleming »

What emuslion are you using? Or are you using film? By blowing out do you mean washout? As for your ink problems, what kind of ink and substrate are you working with? What about screen mesh count? Give some more details and I might be able to guide you some.
anthemscreenprinting
Intern
Intern

Post by anthemscreenprinting »

It still sounds like underexposure to me. Are you lightly rinsing the screen on both sides first to stop exposure, then letting it soak for a little bit before washing the screen out? If you go straight to power washing, without rinsing and soaking first, you can run into these sort of problems.
Anthem Screen Printing
  • Screen Printing Supplies
  • Screen Burning Services
SidelineKiller
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by SidelineKiller »

i get that problem if i wash out the front of my screen for to long. My film sticks to my screens sometimes, but i think it is from the emulsion not being dryed all the way.When i am washing out a screen i wash out the back first (without letting the front of the screen getting wet), wash it out until you can see it is going to start breaking the emulsion where your logo is, then wet the front of the screen,and after that i go back to the back of the screen and finsh washing it out. If i was to wash out the front of the screen i would get that problem with the emulsion wanting to wash out. Hope this helps!