Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

kwehkweh
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

uneven paint issues

Post by kwehkweh »

It took me a week to figure out how to get liquid emulsion just right so I'm hoping it doesn't take a week to figure out my paint issues. Since I'm just starting out I went ahead and bought the yudu paints. When I try to apply them they just sink into the shirt and I have to wait for everything to dry and go over it again. Most of the time the paint is uneven where one side looks perfect and the other looks sunken in. I'm even using the corner of the squeegie to really rub the paint in. Where I'd like to hope it was the paints fault I'm figuring I'm doing something wrong.
Jeremy
Intern
Intern

Re: uneven paint issues

Post by Jeremy »

This is really all about screen setup and printing technique. Be sure your off contact is even, your screens are tight, and your strokes are "sharp". Make sure your squeegee doesn't fold. It takes a lot of trial and error...and practice. It will take you more than a week to get this perfect. :mrgreen:

The water based inks you are using are not the easiest inks to use, either. Unfortunately plasticol inks would be almost impossible for you to use without proper curing equipment.

Good luck, hope this helps!
anthemscreenprinting
Intern
Intern

Re: uneven paint issues

Post by anthemscreenprinting »

Try flooding the image before printing it, this helps achieve a consistent layer of ink on the shirt. To flood, you pull the ink back with virtually no force to get a layer of ink over the stencil, then push or pull the ink with a sharp force to push the ink through the stencil and onto the shirt.
Anthem Screen Printing
  • Screen Printing Supplies
  • Screen Burning Services