Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

berf
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

How to print across butt of fleece pants

Post by berf »

Would love suggestions on printing techniques on printing across the butt of fleece pants. Not fine detail and the image actually hits directly on either side of the seam and not on top of it. Black fleece with hot pink ink so will have to flash. Concerned about squeege contact if I use a long squeege, concerned about alot of ink being pushed onto garment and not sure how to proceed - would love to hear from you.
Jeremy
Intern
Intern

Re: How to print across butt of fleece pants

Post by Jeremy »

I've seen platens that have "gutter" down the middle for you to place the seam into. If your not printing over the seam, that might do the trick. Use a squeegee that covers the whole width of your print. If you're printing over the seam, you might try a platen covered in Neoprene so that the platen will "give" into the seam. This may be a bit of an issue, however, if you need to flash several times. Use slightly more off contact than usual, a push stroke if possible, and the tightest screen you have to reduce headaches caused by printing fleece.

I use a table saw and 2-sided MDO for custom platens ALL THE TIME. One platen does not fit all! :mrgreen:

Hope this helps!