Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

lauryka1969
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Come on Y'all ...help a newbie out

Post by lauryka1969 »

4 people viewed my last post but no one has replied so here it is again:

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum as well as to screen printing. I got into screen printing because my Paranormal Group for which I am the founder (...The Ohio Ghosthunters Association (aka T.O.G.A.) is a not for profit group.) have been having our team shirts done by a local printer but we can no longer afford it. So I decided to do them myself. So I have started out with a YUDU....I know not the best wat to go but It is what the funds we had could afford. Anyway My problem is that I need to do hats and we can't afford a Hat Champ. So my question is...has anyone ever built there own and if so how?....I am really good with building things. I worked in a manufacturing plant for 20 years where we worked with both wood and aluminum. So if anyone has a design or a video "how to" I would really appreciate the help.
Calibrated S.P.S.
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Come on Y'all ...help a newbie out

Post by Calibrated S.P.S. »

This may not be the help your looking for, but if your really having issues that prohibit you from either...

A) Purchasing hats - garments from a local professional printer.
b) Purchasing the basic equipment to do it yourself.

Than my suggestion would be to address the underlying funding issue first. It would appear to me that if neither A or B is affordable than your non-profit venture is in need of complimentary funding sources. If these garments are the source of your funding than again I would suggest considering asking your group to anti up the cost by way of donations or subscription fees. Sorry again if this is not the type of help your seeking, but in all honesty it will solve many more problems than just your current one.

I have heard of many people making their own jacket holdowns and custom shaped pallets, but I have never seen a home-made hat press. Thats not to say it cannot be done, but if you have that much time than this would go along ways to explaining the cash flow problems to purchase the correct tools for the job.