Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

suthern kumfert
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

mesh...

Post by suthern kumfert »

I am new to screen printing so i need some help from you, thanks in advance...

i plan on building my own frames out of wood but i am not too sure about what kind of mesh i need? someone told me I could use any type of mesh or screen and then someone else says no do not use just any kind of screen it has to be one that was made for screen printing? I need some help with this? is there a difference between the nylon screens made for screen printing and the nylon screens that one puts over the windows of their home? like i said i a new and need some help?

thanks
HighCaliberC.
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: mesh...

Post by HighCaliberC. »

All I can say about making screens is don't. Getting in to screen printing you may think, "It would seem cheaper if I make my own", but when you compare to buying it just makes sense. Building screens you have to worry about things like screen size and tension, and the work you put in to making the screen is time you could be printing and making profit.

now I don't know if you plan on selling your shirts, but if you do, a screen can be bought for around $20 if you count in the cost of ink, emulsion and blank shirts, you'll have made profit in 5 shirts.

I'm also not saying NEVER try it, tons of people do and have good results, I just want you to know its easier to buy them.
suthern kumfert
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by suthern kumfert »

HighCaliberC. wrote:All I can say about making screens is don't. Getting in to screen printing you may think, "It would seem cheaper if I make my own", but when you compare to buying it just makes sense. Building screens you have to worry about things like screen size and tension, and the work you put in to making the screen is time you could be printing and making profit.

now I don't know if you plan on selling your shirts, but if you do, a screen can be bought for around $20 if you count in the cost of ink, emulsion and blank shirts, you'll have made profit in 5 shirts.

I'm also not saying NEVER try it, tons of people do and have good results, I just want you to know its easier to buy them.

yeah i was thinking that after i did some more research. i will just buy a frame or two. any suggestions on what would be a a good place to buy them from? are there any that is better than others?
geneh
Intern
Intern

Post by geneh »

My advice is to try and find a vendor near you so you can build a good customer vendor relationship. The relationship will come in handy later when you need a favor or a quick turn screen.