Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

suthern kumfert
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

noob needs help with inks...

Post by suthern kumfert »

thanks for the help in advance...

I will be ordering ink, well i want to order ink and i want to try a good ink from the start so if you could please clue me in on what would be a good ink to start with. I have never screen printed before so i do not know too much about it. what is a good starter ink and what other chemicals do i need? i will be doing mostly t-shirts to start off with. I also would love a name of a good emulsion as well...thanks...
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: noob needs help with inks...

Post by tompaine »

What are you printing on? - just tshirts?
Try Ulano QTX emulsion, it's quite fast.
Do you want to do plastisols or water-based?
suthern kumfert
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

tompaine wrote:What are you printing on? - just tshirts?
Try Ulano QTX emulsion, it's quite fast.
Do you want to do plastisols or water-based?
yeah mainly t-shirts. I will go into doing glass like for picture frams at a later time but for now just clothes. I want to plastisols...well i do not know too much about the water based, but I was told that the plastisols are better? Is this true? or do you know what the pros and cons are of each type? if so please share with me. and also i was told wilflex inks are one of the best. also Ryonet inks, are they good or no? thanks for the help for I am new at this!
HighCaliberC.
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by HighCaliberC. »

I use international coatings. and if your going through Ryonet that's generally what you'll get. Its all I've ever used so I really cant compare it to anything but I'm happy with it. As for plastisol vs. water based, use plastisol. Each have their advantages but for a beginner plastisol is the way to go.

if you don't have equipment yet and are planing on getting a kit through them I say go for it, that's where I got mine and am pretty satisfied, they have pretty good kits for beginners.
suthern kumfert
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

HighCaliberC. wrote:I use international coatings. and if your going through Ryonet that's generally what you'll get. Its all I've ever used so I really cant compare it to anything but I'm happy with it. As for plastisol vs. water based, use plastisol. Each have their advantages but for a beginner plastisol is the way to go.

if you don't have equipment yet and are planing on getting a kit through them I say go for it, that's where I got mine and am pretty satisfied, they have pretty good kits for beginners.

ok that sounds good, as far as equipment i am going to build my own from some plans i have. i want to start off with a very small set up at a very low cost just to make sure screen printing is what i want to do and if i enjoy it then i will invest some real money and get a big nice steup.