Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

jesskathrine
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

what screens to buy?

Post by jesskathrine »

I'm brand new to screen printing, but I'm really excited! My goal is to create large 4 color intracate designs on wood. I'm wanting to start with three 30x40 aluminum frames. I was planning on purchasing the screens from Victory screen printing (unless there are better suggestions) The highest thread count they offer is 305. Would that work for me? And also the screen is dyed. What's the diffrence from dyed and undyed. They dont offer undyed at that high of a thread count. Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
geneh
Intern
Intern

Re: what screens to buy?

Post by geneh »

Dyed mesh gives you better image definition and line quailty that is why you find it on higher mesh counts like a 305. And you dont on lower mesh counts like 83. The dyed mesh asorbes the UV light where the undyed mesh has a tendance to scatter the UV light during exposure also known as undercutting causing poor line definition. As for if the 305 mesh will work for you we need more info like ink type is the wood pourous what colors how fine is your image definition printing method manual or automatic?
HighCaliberC.
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: what screens to buy?

Post by HighCaliberC. »

well my question is have you ever printed before at all?

because there is a lot I could suggest about screens and ink, but if you haven't I wouldn't jump right into multi-color prints.