Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

Apocalypse
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Some Quick Questions...

Post by Apocalypse »

Hey all!

I've got some quick and probably simple questions, and this seemed like a good community to ask :D

1. I currently have only one sceen that I got with the speedball starter kit when I did screen printing project with my school. If I were to use that yellow sticky trace/stencil paper(Whats the correct term for this?), make my designs, and put them on card stock(110lb), would I be able to use one screen, and rotate stencils? The way I would do it now is make my stencil, apply directly to the screen, and then make a few prints, and tear the stencil off, ruining it, but I may want to use the stencil again later, which is why im looking for an alternative, without having to get more screens.

2. Glow in the dark ink. I know they exist, my question is if anyone knows of a good quality and resonably priced place I could get some? If they've bought from the place, or used the ink before and can give feedback on how it went it would also be appreciated! If not, I can just do some searching on my own, but I was hoping someone may have some experience with this.

3. Where do people get their supplies? I know my screen printing kit was Speedball brand, but I dont remember seeing a online store type deal on their website. Do i have to go through somewhere else, like Amazom? Or is there some other brand that would be recommended above it?

If i've missed some blatantly obvious stickied thread with this info, feel free to point me to it, and I'll be off.

Thank you all in advance!
-Apoc
jonnyfect
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Some Quick Questions...

Post by jonnyfect »

Search google for "screen printing supplies" and you should find several places that sell supplies. I usually use screenprintingsupplies.com, but thats cause they are the closest and biggest to me. Try google maps for a local business you may want to use. I think the yellow stuff your talking about is screen filler, but not sure. I never used it for making a stencil. You should check out tutorials on how to use emulsion and expose your stencils, you might find it is actually easier than you think (and much more reliable). I think one of the speed ball kits has instructions on this, but they say to use a light and all, but you can actually just use day light.

jonny
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Some Quick Questions...

Post by tompaine »

Screens are fairly cheap, you need one for each colour.