Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

katee
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

What would you buy if you started from scratch again

Post by katee »

Hi, :D

First off, I have to comment on how nice it is to see everyone being so supportive and offering advice of their own free will and I hope that I can get some of that advice because like many others I am new to this and I am sure if my computer didn't take ten painful minutes to open each post that I could get the advice I'm looking for, but, it's started driving me insane so this is the reason for my post.

I would like to start screen printing on t shirts (small scale!!) to start with just white on dark t shirts. I am not flush with cash but, I don't want my t shirts to look crappy or for the print to disappaear after the first. So, here are my questions....

1. What are the basic types of equipment I should buy?

2. Is it possible to make my own wooden mesh screens and stretch the mesh myself or would it be worth buying one already pre made.

3. What is the most economical way of curing the t shirt?

4. What would be the best white ink to buy?

5. What is the easiest graphics package (i.e. photoshop, corel) that I could get my head round?

6. and lastly, what kind of printer would you recommend (haven't got too much money to spend!!)

My knowledge is somewhat limited so sorry if some of these questions are slightly dumb - I'm trying to get my head round all the information I'm reading on the web. So, any advice or tips would be good!!!

Thanks for reading this post - am very excited to get started and start making all those mistakes that inevitably all newbies make!
d fleming

Re: What would you buy if you started from scratch again

Post by d fleming »

1 - manual spider, flash and conveyor dryer. All can be found used
2- yes but more economical to get wooden prestretched from melray or other vendor
3- see #1
4- most white inks need a soft hand additive to get a good consistnecy for manual printing.
5- imho- corel
6- m&r