Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

mateo
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Transparencies for Photo Emulsion

Post by mateo »

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to the screen printing world and am anxious to start learning more about the art. I recently acquired a speedball fabric kit and have a few questions. I read the instructions and did some research and it seems like the photo emulsion technique will be easiest for me. I went to go and purchase some transparency sheets this afternoon and was overwhelmed at all the different choices (copier, write on, laser jet printer, color laser jet printer) and had no idea which one to chose.

My question is which kind of transparency would be the choice for what I'm trying to do...? Is there anywhere to get these at a fair price? (They seemed to be a bit pricey at my local office max). My designs won't be all that complex to start and I have a Canon MP500 printer that I will most likely be using. Is this even the right technique to start with?

Thanks for your help!

Matt
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Transparencies for Photo Emulsion

Post by tompaine »

I'd use waterproof screen film, something like Agfa (declaring an interest), it's pretty easy to get a decent positive with the right settings - i.e. photo paper, high res.