Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

SWilsonJoy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Plastisol grrr...

Post by SWilsonJoy »

Hi,
I've been screen printing as a hobby for a couple of years and I've been printing with water based inks up until just recently when I made a switch to plastisol inks. Right now I'm using Ulano brand Plastisol inks and I've had some trouble removing the paint off the screen once I'm done printing and ready to reclaim it. My screen washing equipment is just a garden hose with a narrow nozzle, stencil remover, and screen degreaser. Is there another chemical that would help with this or do I just need to get a power washer? It's hard enough to get this paint off your hands when you run out of mineral spirits, there's got to be an easier way to do this. Thanks for the help in advance!
d fleming

Re: Plastisol grrr...

Post by d fleming »

For your hands, gojo. For your screen, mineral spirits first to get all you can off the mesh, then powerwash using stencil remover first and then a haze remover for any leftover ink. Follow directions on label, haze removers can be nasty.
Moondog Creations
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Moondog Creations »

Sounds to me like you are missing a good ink degradent. Right now I am using Saati's Remove IR10. We switched from mineral spirits to this chemical because it's water soluble and non-evasive to the enviroment. The phone number for saati is 877-296-7697. Give them a call, they might send you out a sample.
SWilsonJoy
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by SWilsonJoy »

d fleming wrote:For your hands, gojo. For your screen, mineral spirits first to get all you can off the mesh, then powerwash using stencil remover first and then a haze remover for any leftover ink. Follow directions on label, haze removers can be nasty.
Will the haze remover help remove deposits of plastisol ink on the screen or is it just to be used for the shadow left behind? I've never used that stuff so I have no idea what it's actual purpose is.