Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

mmcdavid
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Graphics software

Post by mmcdavid »

I need software to do color layering and so forth. What would you recomend if money is no object and what would you recomend that would be the cheapest thing that would do the basics?
squeegeethree
Intern
Intern

Re: Graphics software

Post by squeegeethree »

Adobe CS
mmcdavid
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by mmcdavid »

Ok, I'm hoping that is a sugestion for the "money is no object" option. What about something that will do only what you need with no bells and wistles.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Corel
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

Inkscape, GIMP and Scribus are free and functional - not as good as CS4, but OK.
marky
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by marky »

Well, there's a lot you can do with Photoshop and would pair nicely with Illustrator. You really have to invest to make the most of your printing.
People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile. ~Lee Mildon custom screen print
Business Forms

Post by Business Forms »

Hi...

Well,

Currently Adobe Photoshop is one of the most used and best-known graphics programs, having displaced more custom hardware solutions in the early 1990s, but was initially subject to various litigation.

Thanks for....
destrecht
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by destrecht »

I've used both Illustrator and Draw- For screen printing I think Draw is a superior program, and here's why.
1. pages. It easy to recreate a multi spot color images and have it exactly where you want in Draw. You copy and it goes exactly to the same place on the next page. Maybe it's changed, but last time I used Illustrator pages were a pain to even get.
2. The pen tool. It's easier to use. When you delete and anchor point is smooths the curve, instead of flattening it like in Illustrator.