Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

grindkill
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

2 exposure unit questions

Post by grindkill »

first post ever!
i have a LAWSONS expo light, everything works fine....ive changed the "wet suit" material stuff one time many years ago, now many years later, its developing new holes and the vacuum suction is getting wearker but still working ok....the past month, the holes have gotten a lot bigger and worse, and 8 of my 12 flourescent bulbs died at once (the unit has 12x 4ft bulbs)....i changed them out to regular hardware bulbs, they were called COOL WHITE, and i learned they were the wrong ones, i should be using SYLVANIA DAYLIGHT DELUXE....so anyhow, i have changed them all to the original DAYLIGHT DELUXE bulbs (as the lawsons salesman instructed me to do over the phone), now im wondering, is it really that big a deal between the differnt bulbs? and also, how big a deal do the holes in the "wet suit" stuff make? the last 8 of my screens i developed all came out lousy and have frayed looking edges, i have read that might be a cause because of the weak vacuum due to the wet suit holes.....does this all sound correct? my screen and film appear to be laying flat even though the suction is weaker....

any leads are greatly appreciated! thank you all.
d fleming

Re: 2 exposure unit questions

Post by d fleming »

Replace the blanket and replace your flourescents with unfiltered blacklight bulbs. You will most likely have to go to a supply house for commercial lighting, I don't think you will find them at hd or lowes. Must be unfiltered.
wes
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: 2 exposure unit questions

Post by wes »

generally the reason for the fuzzy edges is because your film (image) has a slight space between it and your screen letting a bit of light through and exposing just a bit of the edges (can be fixed with better vacuum.. also would not hurt to fix your lighting to the un-filtered uv