Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

triplexpac
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen printing on canvas

Post by triplexpac »

Hi all. I'm new to all this, but I have this thing in mind I have to do and I'm hoping I could get someone's help with it.

I've seen work like this that I really like, and I want to try my own twist on it:

It looks like it's a collage of things underneath, then the photo of the girl is screen printed on top.

Is there a tutorial or anything that would help me with this? I basically just want to know the steps I'd have to take to get the image screen printed on top, and if it's even possible for me to do it. I'm pretty in the dark as far as screen printing goes, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
madz
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: Screen printing on canvas

Post by madz »

The black image is probably a screen print yes, and the dotted appearance indicates its taken from a photo which has been converted to 'halftone'. Theres plenty of info on how to do this using photoshop. as for getting it on to a screen, if you don't have the set-up yourself you might want to find an access studio you can use or pay someone to make up the screen for you. From there its pretty easy to print at home. printcutsew online has good tutorials on a variety of topics for starters.