Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

caseyjones2
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Graphic Question

Post by caseyjones2 »

I've been asked to design a shirt for a friends band, not really into that kinda stuff but doing it as a favor. I've never done a graphic for a screen print, I'm a flash/web designer so as far as creating a graphic that will translate into screen printing is new ground for me, and I figured when all else fails ask the internet. I know the process for printing but as far as what will work on a screenprint is really alien information to me. This is just a mock up but I want to know if the design will work as far as the details go, it's decent size and roughly covers the whole chest of the shirt. One color, white on black cotton. Any input would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Graphic Question

Post by ROADSIDE »

WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get.

If your image is JUST OKAY on the screen... it will look worse when printed.
The image you posted would print fine as it is.

My tips would be...
#1 Always work in CMYK (RGB is for the internet...IMO)
#2 Size your artwork correctly as you are designing. Bigger is better in most cases.
#3 Vector is better for Type
#4 Never merge your background color (simulated shirt color) to that actual artwork.
#5 when in doubt consult the screenprintingforum.com
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
caseyjones2
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by caseyjones2 »

Thanks Roadside,
Yeah I'm well aware of those numbered tips haha. Just threw the black background to let the graphic be shown. When in doubt consult the internet! :) :)
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Post by tompaine »

There's nothing difficult there.
Screenprinting comes in many flavours and you can hold more detail by using finer mesh.
Keep it at around 300dpi, final size for safety and if in doubt, have a chat to your printer, he'll know what format he requires etc.