Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

tgrib
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Epson 1400 Printer

Post by tgrib »

Hey guys, we are new to the screen printing industry and have just purchased an Epson 1400 inkjet printer. When we print our positives, we are using Ulano pigmented film. The print setting we are using on the Epson printer is "Photo Paper Glossy" ...... After our positive prints, we hold it up to the light and we can still see light coming through the black ink. Does anyone know if there is a way to make our print darker? Different ink? Different paper? Any help would be appreciated.
d fleming

Re: Epson 1400 Printer

Post by d fleming »

Have you tried a shot yet? I can see somewhat through my positives but they shoot fine. You may also want to change from photo paper setting to a matte paper setting and print in full color not black and white. For some reason my full color prints of black seem darker than if I print as b/w. Play with all the settings until you hit your sweet spot. You should check to see if you can change saturation levels as well.,
tompaine
Folder
Folder

Re: Epson 1400 Printer

Post by tompaine »

Epson want their inks to survive in photos for 75 years so they fill them with uv block - hence you can see through them but they stop uv light.