Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

sadgent
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

White Plastisol Bleed Problems

Post by sadgent »

Hello. This is my first post so forgive me if I'm asking a newbie question. Anyway, I've been having trouble with color bleeding at work. When we're stuck with a garment that wasn't picked up, we'll routinely print a swash shape over the existing logo with 5 coats of white and then print on our company logo over top of that. On some garments, this works. On others, the existing logo will bleed through the swash shape but with the color of the garment rather than the original ink color. Today, we had a few sweatshirts(black) returned to us with a two color (red and white) front. The white looks like it has a red layer beneath it that is slowly bleeding through. We use plastisol inks, flash in between coats and send our garments through a dryer set to 850 degrees. It's looking like a problem with the white plastisol. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks,

~Kevin
herestj
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: White Plastisol Bleed Problems

Post by herestj »

That sounds like it is Dye Migration. I assume the offending garment are either 50/50 or 100% poly. It that case the white you need to print is a Lo-Bleed poly white. It has blockers to stop the dye from migrating into the white ink. The heat causes the poly fibers to bleed out. Try curing at a lower temp for more time. That may help too. Here is the Lo bleed I use http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/si ... t/IC741LFG.
Tom V
Intern
Intern

Re: White Plastisol Bleed Problems

Post by Tom V »

Yeah, most common plastisols cure around 340 degrees or less. I would lower the dryer temp too!