Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

medusaorange
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Screen printing course

Post by medusaorange »

I am new to the screen printing and I have been reading everything.. but I want to take a course. I have been looking for a screen printing course here in the Hampton Roads (southeastern of Virginia), but no luck so far. Where do you take a course? I know that some of you learned how to print on your own, but I just want to take a course and to make a couple friends to help each other. Do you know where the course in Virginia is? If so, please tell me! :)
d fleming

Re: Screen printing course

Post by d fleming »

Try a local community college, if they don't offer a course they may be able to help you find one somewhere else. You tube has some decent vids posted from time to time believe it or not. Then of course whenever you get stuck you can pick our collective brain here on the forum.
medusaorange
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by medusaorange »

Yeah I checked youtube and I learned some from there, but not enough. I am deaf, so there is no caption closed or subtitle on youtube videos. :( I will check the local community colleges this week.
Kevin M.
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Kevin M. »

Hi,

I have been in the business for many years and have had many accomplishments and upsets. That is just how the industry is. Anyways to give you some advice, I found that when I started in the printing industry there were many different views as to what is a good way to learn. I have always found that the hands on technique works best, but some people can learn through class. Well the site I am going to reccommend to you is http://www.sgia.org/sptf. I am not sure how far you are from Fairfax virginia, but the courses are held there and usually last a week. I have always wanted to take a course there, but being from canada, it was just too expensive. I know the instructors by reputation and they will teach you a lot. I have found that colleges and universities concentrate more on prepress and digital and offset printing with only a small portion allocated for screenprinting. I hope this helps. If you are looking for more info please email me at kjrm111@msn.com