Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

lordvicious
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Multi Colored screen.....

Post by lordvicious »

I was wondering what would be the best way to do a multi colored screen?

Should i do the screen in layers? For instance if i want to have white letters and a blue outline.Should i do the white letters first wait for it to dry and then make a screen to do the blue outline?

Or is a Heat transfer the best option?

Also is it possible to do a sepia colored screen or is heat transfer the best way for that also?

Sorry to barage the forum like this but i'm trying to learn as much as possible before i begin making shirts. :oops:

Thank you for any help.

Peace.
d fleming

Re: Multi Colored screen.....

Post by d fleming »

Multi color prints require multiple screens and a proper press to print all colors one at a time without removing the shirt from the press until all colors are printed.
https://www.melray.com/website/equipment
for eaxample
lordvicious
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by lordvicious »

Thank you for the info d fleming.WWWWAAAAYYYY out of my price range for now but maybe that will be an option someday.
Thanks again.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

You'd be surprised what you can find used sometimes on trade sites or even at auction. In the meantime maybe you can build a small vacuum table and print transfers? When I was a youngin' I built a two color slide press. Made platen from acrylic and used a metal bar at back of table to slide a large frame with two colors in it side to side to get a two color wet on wet print. Just a few random thoughts...
lordvicious
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by lordvicious »

Thanks again for the info.I think i might go with heat transfers for a little while.......just need to look up the info on that first.