Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

applescotty
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

How much ink do I need?

Post by applescotty »

I did a search for this question, but couldn't find anything. I apologize if this has been asked before.

I've never done screen printing before. A friend of mine has a job for me to do, so I guess I'm going to learn. I have many months to do the project, but only a week or so to get him a quote. Anyway, to the question:

How many prints can I do per a quantity of ink? I'm sure that this is quite variable, depending on the design, emulsion thickness, technique, and ink used (and probably plenty of other factors that I'm not aware of). I'll be doing a single color, either a color on heather gray or white on black. If white on black, I'll probably use a high opacity white, and only do one layer (or at least that's my hope).

I've got 700 prints to do that won't be larger than 8.5" x 11". I want to at least be in the ballpark when I estimate the ink cost.

So, generally, how many prints do you get per quart or gallon of ink? Again, looking for a rough ballpark so that I'm at least kind of close.

Thanks!

Scott
ROADSIDE
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How much ink do I need?

Post by ROADSIDE »

A gallon of ink will do 1000s of prints
.... I can give you my opinion but I can't tell you if it's right or not.
gregdawson
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Re: How much ink do I need?

Post by gregdawson »

He's right. I've printing probably 50 tees from a little quart and I'm barely halfway through.

Greg

http://www.cheap-screen-printing.com