Moderator: Moderator Team

iamryan
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

diy curing?

Post by iamryan »

i was wondering what would work best
i heard the kitchen oven?
is this a posssible way to cure your ink?
broham23
Intern
Intern

Re: diy curing?

Post by broham23 »

Yep that'll work. Just check with your ink manufacturer to see the temperature required and for how long. Something like 350-380 degrees for around 20-30 seconds should do the trick. Just experiment first. It's okay to see the shirt smoking or steaming a little bit when it's removed from the dryer. Take the print in your hands and stretch and pull at it, if it's cracking and flaking, then it is merely dried and not fully cured. Leave it in a little longer.
d fleming

Post by d fleming »

Daddy, why does the pizza taste like gasoline?
dannyisok
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by dannyisok »

Hi there,

I'm fairly new at this screen printing thing. I do it all from home, I don't have a printer or dryer. I basically use one screen that I have burned myself (I use the emulsion that will burn the image while exposing it to the sun for 30 seconds or so, that's the only one I've used. Are there any better ones out there?) and place on the shirt by hand. So, I'm in the very beginning stages of this and I want to do everything as legitimate as possible with the supplies I have now. My question is, how do I prevent my ink on the shirt from spreading apart? I have a design where the lines are pretty thin. If I pull the shirt apart just a little bit, I start to see the ink separate. I'm reading to put the shirts in the oven to "cure" it. Can someone give me some more details on exactly what to do, like I said, I'm a newbie. Does an iron work?

Thanks
Shenandoah Designs
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by Shenandoah Designs »

I put my shirts in the oven. I preheat oven to 400 degrees, quickly put the shirts in, then turn off the oven and let them sit in the preheated oven for 10 mins. I believe this was the recommendation by speedball. I've never had a problem.
DopeTees
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by DopeTees »

I did it with a heat gun and did the stretch test it didn't crack or peel/flake off!
set on high and did 30 - 45 seconds per section
JamieKHow
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by JamieKHow »

d fleming wrote:Daddy, why does the pizza taste like gasoline?
Lol. Do if after baking the pizza :D