Ask specific questions
Give detailed information

Moderator: Moderator Team

VThrash666
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

HELP!!! Ink bleeds through fabric!

Post by VThrash666 »

Hi me and my sister are starting to print t-shirts. We made the screens with photo emulsion, they came out perfect. Today we tried printing our first t-shirts. We were printing florescent green ink on a black tshirt. We put a doubled-up black poster board between the front and back of the shirt. Niether of us has ever done this before. We put the ink on with the squeege. When we took it off it was not even close to vibrant. Should we put multiple coats on letting it dry in between each coat? Should we put something else besides posterboard behind the t-shirt? maybe glass or something? We are using Dick blick textile screen printing ink that i bought online. she got some blue ink from school and its in the same exact container, except that the school's blue ink seems more gellied. Do we add or do something to the ink to make it more gellified? Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
TMP_D
Intern
Intern

Re: HELP!!! Ink bleeds through fabric!

Post by TMP_D »

The only thing I could suggest is maybe try making a wooden board to put your shirt on when printing, 16x18 inch is a standard size adult board

Maybe read up on some How to's on Screen printing in general, might give you some ideas on what you might be missing, hard to know exactly what your working with

Other than that....have fun and good luck
:wink: